WILD WILD WEST!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Last night was INTI's orientation night. The theme was Wild Wild West. To be honest, I was very VERY skeptical about going because, 1)the theme is weird and 2) many were complaining about last year's orientation night. But after much bugging from certain friends, I thought what the heck, why not give it a go. I am so glad I decided to go! haha...

I admit, the first half was quite boring. The opening performance wasn't that good. That was followed by 4 speeches. At this point I was thinking to myself :What a waste of time! I could be having a better time at home! That's when things started getting better. Mr Sam, our Head of A-Levels, sang "You Raise Me Up". He can sing! haha. It was really good. Then there was a Yo-yo performance by M-Yo. Yes, you read right, a Yo-yo performance. As childish as that sounds, it was actually an awesome performance. These guys, and girl, were professionals, which means they had skill, and they could do more than just fling the yo-yo up and down. They were throwing it here and there, flinging it around, making triangles, and all sorts of things. The crowd was cheering their heads off. Haha. We were cheering for people who were playing the yo-yo..........

The other highlight of the night was the beat box performance. This guy was soooooo gooood!!!!!! Although, I have to say, the beat boxers who performed at my prom night last year, they're performance is still the best performance I have seen.

There were some flaws though. The microphones were way too soft, so every time a band went up to perform, all we could hear were the instruments. The singer could not be heard at all. That was a pity. And, I didn't win anything for the lucky draw! :( The grand prize, was a Nokia N77!!!!! And the guy who won it had actually won 3 other gifts before that. Apparently he bought 10 tickets. Isn't that considered cheating!

Other than that I would say all in all it was a good night! :)

1 comments:

Shin Ying Tan said...

hahhahahaha,i couldn't help but laugh:)