Ipoh

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ipoh was fun! I know I know, when is it not right? Although, this time around, the weather was kinda crappy. It was raining heavily every evening, causing floods everywhere.

Needless to say I ate like a pig, again.


There was this one particular night when there was just SO MUCH food on the table. The whole table was full of dishes!! There were more than 10 dishes! There were a lot of people at the table too, but we all still ended up tremendously full.

Slight proof that I did indeed eat a lot. Hehe.
Whatever weight I lost in the past month or so I put back on in less than 7 days. Bad. Really bad. The highlight of my trip this year would be the visit to Taiping Zoo!!

In this picture there are two little animals. The one on the left is a bird. A regular bird. And the one on the right is a mouse deer. I always knew mouse deers were small, i didn't know they were THIS SMALL!! IT IS FREAKING SMALL!!! Which is kinda cute in a way.





And then we saw orang utans and chimpanzees and other monkeys!! Our "cousins"! Hehe. I like the last picture. Its like a whole family of monkeys sitting on a bed and having a discussion of some sort.


After that we saw a crocodile!! This was a bit scary. I saw the crocodile way out in the water, only its snout sticking out. So I thought it was perfectly safe to go near. And so I go right to the fence. To my uttermost horror there was a huge crocodile right under my nose!! Isn't that dangerous?? I mean what if the crocodile was just playing dead, the fence was kinda low, meaning the crocodile could have jumped if it wanted to. =/





Next were deers. They were adorable! I saw a few chewing on the leaves outside the fence.
These my dear readers are called SAMBAR deers. Nice name. Haha!



Otters! They were probably the happiest animals there. The minute we came near them they dived into the water came right to the glass and did what looked like a dance for us. And then once their little show was over they'd go sunbathe on the logs. Haha!


























































































We also saw ostriches and and zebras and giraffes and a cow with extremely huge horns and a malayan sun bear a tiger a lion a black panther a camel a hippopotamus and the list goes on.










Gosh I think I've put enough pictures up. Taiping Zoo was not the only place I visited. I went to Hospital Bahagia, where my mum and her family have a lot of memories, and I must say the place is really beautiful. Loved what they've done with it. It was a bittersweet experience :)


OH on the way back, something unusual happened. Haha. We were near the Lembah Beringin exit and suddenly we see a whole bunch of cars going the opposite direction. As in cars from in front had turned back and were making a U-turn into Lembah Beringin. We were just plain confused and my cousin tought maybe we should do the same cos there must be a reason for all this. And then just before we turned we realised that as far as we knew there were no exits to KL from Lembah Beringin. So we turned back. We were freaking stuck in a jam for one whole hour. No joke. Turns out there was an accident. Pretty bad too. There was aa huge lorry and a car involved. There was a hole in the lorry, but the car looked unharmed. Weird.

So much for trying to avoid new year's eve jam. :P

ps: sry about the pictures, don't know why they went out of proportion like that

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahah,love the post. it's so happy!