Confusion

Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'm at a point where I have absolutely NO idea what I want in life. I'm not proud of it, but it's the truth. I am stuck. I listen to someone and I get interested in whatever they're talking about because of the passion they have. And then I listen to yet another passionate person and get interested in what they are talking about. And then suddenly I realize I'm getting myself "interested" in everything. And so I sit down and I read and I ponder and I shorten the list to the things I think I am really interested in. It feels like a huge burden is lifted, because now I just have to find out more information, and decide what I want. I think to myself : "I'm almost there."

Next thing I know, my list gets longer once again. Not too long, just an addition of one or two things. The problem is, it was supposed to get shorter. I shouldn't be upset. Because this is my future we're talking about. I should always always leave my options open. But I'm becoming impatient. No matter how much I tell myself not too, each day I'm becoming more and more tired of being stuck. It's like I have no purpose. I want to make a decision. Fast.

Then I start getting worried. What if I make the wrong decision? My dad has told me that I can't think that way. Because if I keep asking myself that then I may never make a decision. He has a point.

I'm not going to rush myself. Neither am I going to take my time about it. It's just surprisingly difficult. I honestly envy people who know exactly what they want and how to get there.

Why is it so hard for me to make a decision????

5 comments:

Shin Ying Tan said...

herm, what i would say is stop. Yes, stop. Look at the options u have and research them. What courses will they be, what careers will they provide, and see if that still holds ur attention. It is also important to find out what unis, etc, offer those courses. There is also what u want to major in,specialize in etc. Ask me if u need to know anything. I am applying for uni lol

anusha said...

damn i think i accidentally deleted ur other comment.

thx sweetie :)
we're all growing up. we're all applying for uni. i feel like everyone's moving on. :'( i think i want things to stay the way it is. but that is obviously not happening, so yeah.

btw, hv u heard anything about hotel management? any info on it? and how is Ireland? i mean wat do Canadian counselors have 2 say about ireland? that is IF they have said anything about ireland. lol

Shin Ying Tan said...

hehehe, did you? it's okay :)

hotel management? my sis is interested in that. What i know is it is best that u have a business admin degree, or a business degree dealing with management, human resource and things to that effect. There isn't technically anything to study. Find a program where can do internship, or work and have it go towards ur degree at the same time (it is called co-op) here. But in my opinion, experience is key for the industry, not exactly academics.

Ireland? =/...i know a lot of people study medicine there lol....sorry,can't really help.

But i have some suggestions. 1)uni fair, 2) go to the malaysian irish embassies website etc....have u thought abot Switzerland?:)

DivaDagger said...

hey girl! my personal opinion is dat it's all gonna depend on ur grades - get good grades n u can go almos anywhere u wan; u noe, keep ur options wide open n den u can choose.

d way i c it u'r never too old 2 learn so take a good look at ur options n (s already mentioned) research em, get oder ppls opinions n stuff. if it turns out u choose somethin n find out it's not 4 u, den it's ok right? at least u figured dat out n u can move elsewhere. after all, tons of ppl hav degrees in certain fields n jus end up doin somethin else completely - like Chef Wan XP

anusha said...

shinying- yeah i went for the edu fair, thats where i found out about the ireland uni. switz might be difficult no?


deanna- u hv a point. thanks dear. really appreciate it :)