SPCA

Sunday, July 20, 2008

The first thought that came to my mind when I stepped out of the bus was :What have you gotten yourself into! Get back in the bus! The stench was horrible! I could smell pee from where we were standing, which was like 100m away from SPCA.....needless to say, the closer we got to the place, the worse the smell. Thank goodness it wasn't long before my nose got immune to the smell. Our first task was to shred chicken. *HUH?!* It's like this, the volunteers at SPCA boil loads and loads of chicken for the puppies. But the puppies can't eat chicken from the bones, because they might choke on the bones and die. So we had to remove the chicken from the bones. I think we were removing chicken for nearly an hour! There was A LOT of chicken.Us removing chicken from the bones. *Kash, me, Ju Wenn, Susan*

After feeding the puppies, we helped the guys with painting. That was fun. We ended up playing the fool though, painting everyone blue. And one of
the dogs came on poo-ed right where we were painting. Everyone kept on stepping on it by accident. It was so funny! Everytime someone walked towards us all of us would shout "CAREFUL!!! NOOOOO!! DON'T STEP ON IT!!!" Hahaha..

After lunch, I bathed a dog! I had to be careful with the dog I took because they said that a cobra had once spat in its eyes or something. So I had to make sure no soap got into it's eyes.

I saw an albino dog! I didn't know they existed. I always thought there were albino humans, but not albino animals.



The puppies were adorable. I could not stop playing with them.


There were a few of these around.....in memories of the dogs.....

awww...this dog was adorable

Black n white....

Aren't you gonna come in?

The puppies! CUTEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cat...there were very few cats there. They weren't very friendly, kept hissing at us...

Group picture at the end of the day.

At the end of the day, I was really glad I went :)

0 comments: