Why must the good times past so fast?

Friday, December 4, 2009

My cousin just recently got married. Congratulations Geetha and Raj!
The family is now bigger :)

She was the eldest girl among us cousins. It feels weird knowing she's married now, and one day will have a family of her own. She grew up so fast! *sniffs* HAHA

I have only attended Punjabi weddings on the grooms side. And I used to think it was very complicated! The wedding would go on for 2 or 3 days. And all the relatives would stay over weeks before the wedding, busy with the preparation.
BUT! Did you know that for the bride's side, the wedding goes on for FOUR days! There are so many more traditions! Yes very tiring, but SO MUCH fun :D
I remember we were all really tired even before the wedding, everyone was wondering how we were going to get through the week, and before we knew it the wedding was over, and no one felt a thing. That's how much fun we had.
Unfortunately, I have no pictures yet. Didn't take the camera cos I knew I wouldn't really have the time.



Ever felt like for a while you didnt really know your family well, and all it took was just one function to realize that you get along with them really well and have a lot to talk about like you've known each other for years? I have, and I'm loving it.

2 comments:

theeggyolks said...

totally agreed! time passed like lightning. When i look around, most of my friends whom i knew during secondary school were married. Aging is sooner than i thought -_-"

Ken Wooi said...

congrats to your cousin! =)

kenwooi.com