Cirque Du Freak

Thursday, December 31, 2009

When I first heard Cirque Du Freak was out, I was super excited. I remember a few years back I read all 6 books, Cirque Du Freak being the first book. Darren Shan did a really good job. I used to be hooked to the books, it was full of adventure and action. And I loved the storyline.

For a while I was having doubts. I kept hoping and hoping that the movie does the book justice. And then I heard the storyline in the movie is different. My reaction? :
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Whyyy??! Why couldn't they stick to the original storyline??


And then I watched the trailer.



Bloody hell they changed the whole thing. In the book, he wasn't ASKED if he wanted to become a vampire, he didn't SMILE AND SAY YES. He was forced to. If he didn't, he would have lost his friend. And in the book he didn't exactly enjoy being a vampire. Based on what I watched, it looks like he's having the time of his life......

And I don't remember him coming out from a coffin. Goodness knows what else they changed.

BUT, there seem to be a few good reviews about the movie, a handful of bad reviews as well, but at least there are some good ones, so I guess there is still hope left.

2 comments:

akihiko said...

i've watched the movie but never read the movie
=D

btw the movie supposed to be launced on october
dunno why they delay it to december
+_+

anusha said...

Is the movie any good? You should read the book, it's really good. :)