better late than never

Sunday, May 23, 2010

I finally had my first driving class today! 3 hours of driving. SO FUN! Except for the fact that the engine died I think about a hundred times today heh.

I thought that this whole 3 hours I will just be driving around the housing area, and he'll get me used to controlling the wheel, the gear and the clutch. But! He asked me to drive onto the main road! I was sooo scared my goodness there were so many cars. I wouldn't be surprised if half of them were cursing cos I was driving between 30-40 km/h. Too bad for them lah hehe :)

We drove all the way to Subang Heights. But now if you were to ask me how to get there I will straight tell you I don't know haha! I was so nervous, so I didn't really pay attention much to which junction I was taking, I didn't look out for landmarks either. All I know is, when the instructor told me to turn left, I turned left. If he told me to turn right, I turned right. Simple. I like Subang Heights. The road is so empty! Every 5 minutes or so a car will pass by, and then the road remains empty for the next 5 minutes. So nice!

And, now I know why people say the slope is the hardest part of the test. Have to balance the clutch, the brake, and the accelerator. Every time, it's either I released the clutch too much, or too little. And then of course, enjin mati. So many times I tell you! Towards the end I started to get the feel of things, but I definitely still need a lot of practice.


So now my only problem is the balancing. Controlling the wheel and changing the gear is super easy! I could do with a little improvement when making a U-turn, but otherwise, according to my instructor, I did pretty well for someone who's not drove before :D
HA! I'll be such an awesome driver haha!

3 comments:

ohmywtf said...

all the best with ur test!! :-)

Ken Wooi said...

reminds me of the days i started learning as well.. haha.. it was certainly fun =)

anusha said...

ohmywtf - thank you! :)

kenwooi - it is rite? except for the part where enjin mati in the middle of the road. so embarassing!