I wonder

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Life is full of what-ifs. For every single action you take, for every single decision you make, there are a whole bunch of what-ifs you could ask yourself. What if I did it this way? What if I had not done it? What if I hadn't made that decision? And the list goes on.

I have always been thought to not ponder too much on what-ifs. Mainly because what's been done has been done. No point wondering what would have happened if you did things differently. But I can't help it.

There have been times where I plan something with so much accuracy you could call it a close-to-perfect plan ( nothing's perfect right?). See I can be a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to planning stuff. Whether it's something as simple as who's fetching who, or something as big as where my life is headed. I can never rest easy if there's no plan. BUT! something always goes wrong at the last minute. ALWAYS. And the whole plan just gets screwed up. And I'm forced to make new decisions on the spot. And you find yourself going in a whole other direction.

And then I start to wonder what more life has in store for me. See the thing is, up till now, everything I have done has been based on last minute decisions. My original plan was to do my A-Levels at Sunway. But at the very last minute the plan changed. I ended up studying at INTI. And I'm soo glad I ended up at INTI, cos I made friends with a bunch of awesome people.
Then there's DOME. My original plan was to work at Coffee Bean. It just so happened that just after filling up the request form at CB, my mum walked past DOME and noticed a sign saying they needed part-time/full-time waiters. No regrets here :)


Makes me wonder what life would be like if my mum hadn't noticed the sign.........

1 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

life is all about picking different paths.. and once we picked one, there's no turning back.. =)