And so it begins

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Diwali (or more commonly known as Deepavali) is around the corner. My mum and aunts have started baking! :D

Today, my mum and sis went to my aunt's place to make "balushai" This is how you make "balushai"

OK so first you mix flour, and ghee......and....er....water......that's all I think.


And then you make little circles, and you press the middle a little to get the shape.



These round balls of dough are then deep fried.

As if that's not fattening enough, you then proceed to coat it with loads of sugar.
(see the sugar coating on it???......excuse the pixel quality, i blame it on the lighting :P )


Heaven :) I can eat a whole tupperware full of these every year and still not get sick of it. I want some more!!!!
Oh oh! My mum baked cookies as well. I think it's butter cookies with icing on the top, and the design is coffee....YUM! I LOVE this time of year. Bring out the FOOD people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





2 comments:

Shin Ying Tan said...

lol,i didnt remember that bathusai /bahusai (sp?) was sugar coated as well.

anusha said...

its balushai dear

n yes, its sugar coated.
haaaa
:D